Why Buy Certified Pre-Owned
Buy with Confidence, Drive with Confidence
With rock-solid reliability and a nicely broken-in quality, Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles have years of reliable miles ahead of them. These vehicles come standard with significant advantages over non-certified, used Subaru models, including factory warranties, 24-hour roadside assistance programs and detailed inspections from factory-trained Subaru technicians. Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles meet the highest standards for safety, security and overall performance – in other words, the standards you’ve come to expect from Subaru. Powered by a wide range of added benefits, the Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Program also eliminates many of the worries typically associated with purchasing a used vehicle. We invite you to read on to learn more about this exciting program.
To qualify, a Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle must:
- Be less than 8 years old (model year) and have less than 160,000 km
- Pass a multi-point inspection by a Subaru factory-trained technician
- Possess a clean CarProof® vehicle history report
Subaru Certified Limited Warranty
On top of passing our comprehensive 152-point inspection, all vehicles in the Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Program are less than 8 model years old and have been driven fewer than 160,000 km – meaning only the cream of the crop can be considered Subaru Certified. Depending on the age and the mileage of the Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle, the warranty and warranty period will be as follows:
- Subaru vehicles that are still under the original New Vehicle Limited Warranty period (36-months/60,000-km), but with fewer than 6-months or 10,000-km (whichever comes first). These vehicles are sold with a Subaru Certified Limited Warranty of 42-months/70,000-km (whichever comes first) from the original in-service date. The warranty can be upgraded with a Subaru Protection Plan to extend the time/km coverage.
- Subaru vehicles that are no longer covered by the New Vehicle Limited Warranty (36-months/60,000-km), are up to five model years old and have been driven less than 100,000-km. These vehicles are sold with a 6-month/10,000-km Subaru Certified Limited Warranty, which can be upgraded with a Subaru Protection Plan to extend the time/km coverage.
- Subaru vehicles that are up to 8 model years old and have between 100,000-km and 160,000-km. These vehicles are sold with a 3-month/5,000-km Subaru Certified Limited Warranty, which can be upgraded with a Subaru Protection Plan to extend the time/km coverage.
Every Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle must pass a comprehensive 152-point inspection, during which any needed repair or maintenance is performed ensuring Subaru’s highest standards of quality. Following a complete 360-degree review by Subaru’s factory-trained technicians, you can rest assured that your vehicle will be prepared to the highest standards.
The goal of the Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Program is to make the experience of purchasing a pre-owned Subaru as pleasurable and worry-free as possible. With this in mind, we are pleased to offer Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle customers a one-time, 10-day/1,000-km Exchange Privilege. Whether you want to have your preferred pre-owned vehicle in a different colour or you want to move to a different Subaru model entirely, this offer helps ensure our customers receive the vehicle they want.
All Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles, unless otherwise indicated, are eligible for the Exchange Privilege if exchanged with the selling Subaru Dealer within the first 10 calendar days or the first 1,000-km, whichever comes first, of the date of purchase.
The initial Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle purchaser or retail lessee may exchange the eligible vehicle for another Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle of equal or lesser value and receive credit for the difference, if the purchase price of the exchanged vehicle is less than the agreed upon exchange value of the vehicle being returned. If the purchase price of the replacement vehicle is more than the agreed upon value of the vehicle being returned, the purchaser will pay the difference.
The vehicle must still be owned or leased by the original Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle retail purchaser or lessee and must be returned to the selling Subaru dealer in the same condition it was delivered to the customer, without damage or excessive wear and tear. An agreed upon ‘exchange value’ will be included on your Subaru Certified Limited Warranty Form.
Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle customers are not eligible for the Exchange Privilege if:
- The vehicle was a fleet purchase or a fleet lease
- The vehicle was used for delivery, daily rental, hearse, limousine, taxi, snowplow or delivery services
- The customer has previously exchanged a vehicle under the Subaru Certified Exchange Privilege within a period of 12 months commencing on the exchange date of the returned vehicle
- The vehicle had after-market accessories installed (e.g. radio, alarm system, etc.), unless the installation was performed by or sublet by the selling Subaru Certified dealer
- The vehicle was structurally modified such that it would be ineligible to be certified as a Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle.
Any Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle exchanged under the Subaru Certified Exchange Privilege will be inspected by the Subaru Certified dealer for damage and excessive wear and tear. If non-warranty repairs equal to or greater than $300 have been performed or are necessary, the vehicle is not eligible to be returned. If non-warranty repairs of less than $300 have been performed or are necessary, the cost of the repair will be deducted from the credit amount of the returned vehicle.
CarProof® Vehicle History Report
All Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles come with a clear CarProof vehicle history report, which provides cross-Canada lien information, registration history (including branding information such as whether the vehicle has been listed as stolen, salvage, non-repairable, rebuilt, etc.) and U.S. history (if applicable). Plus, you’ll get import/export records, odometer readings, third-party history and Canadian insurance history (including dates and values of processed claims along with collision estimate information) to help you get the full story and avoid hidden surprises.
Attractive Financing Options Available
Subaru Financial Services by TCCI offers the following rates, making it easy and affordable to own a Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle.
At Subaru, we believe that purchasing a pre-owned vehicle should be as positive an experience as buying a new one — and now it can be. Our exacting standards ensure that only certain models earn the distinction of becoming a Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle. These models are further guaranteed by a comprehensive warranty, CarProof® Vehicle History Report, Exchange Privilege offer and Subaru 360 C.A.R.E. But how do you make a great deal even better? By taking advantage of these special offers, now available with your Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle purchase.
Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Graduate Rebate Program
Years of hard work have finally paid off — you have a degree or diploma and you also now qualify for the Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Graduate Rebate Program! This program offers a $500* cash rebate to all qualified college and university graduates† who purchase a Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle. Every Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle is backed by a wide range of unexpected new car benefits and a reputation for bulletproof reliability — fully 98% of our vehicles sold in Canada over the last 10 years are still on the road today.††
† Eligible participants must be within four months of graduation or have graduated in the current year or previous two calendar years from a recognized university undergraduate degree program or two-year college program (48 weeks minimum). Lifetime limit of one graduate rebate per qualified buyer. Vehicle must be registered in the graduate’s name. Graduate rebate is over and above most consumer retail offers available from Subaru Canada, Inc., but cannot be combined with any other rebate or employee discount. Offer is non-transferable. *$500 cash rebate is applicable to Subaru Certified Pre-Owned vehicles only.
†† Based on IHS Markit Automotive Canadian Vehicles in Operation data as of June 30, 2016 for model years 2007-2017. Actual longevity of any car will vary based upon operating conditions.
See your local participating Subaru dealer for complete details, terms and conditions. Offers are subject to change without notice.